Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Ode to a Chesterfield


via Aged and Gilded


While I was teaching at an obscure Illinois college, I got a brown vinyl chesterfield sofa at a local auction house for about $40. I was only there for 1 term so I sold it the next summer for about $25. I adored that sofa. Something about the curve of the arm fits the back of your neck perfectly.

This classic now comes in all sorts of sizes, colors and fabrics.


Via Newvictorianruralist



Via Homebylinnblogspot and pinterest



Via Horchow and pinterest



Via Castlegibson and pinterest



Via Strong sense of style and pinterest



There´s actually a place in Murcia (why is it always Murcia?) that has stacks- I think they must supply people who are mounting pubs on the mediterranean coast.

But my favorite is the dark, quietly mouldering gentlemen´s club style. Sort of like this Pall Mall smoking room - but dustier with more potted palms and moths in the draperies and a touch of rising damp.


Via countrylifeimages



Source unknown

1 comment:

  1. Coco there is just something about a Chesterfield sofa!!

    Thank you for entering the Grand Finale Holiday Giveaway from Greyfreth!

    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete