Thursday, January 27, 2011

Rustic Loaf


Also does double duty as a doorstop. It was heavy. Pretty good texture though - and it tasted OK.

I used this recipe. It´s one of those fiddley knead/rise multiple time breads. It requires 3 rises, and I don´t think I´ve ever in my life gotten anything to rise 3 times. (That sounds dirty even to me.)

In my surfing, I did run across this blog, which looks promising.

I think I´m going to try pizza dough. And I got a bag of corn flour, so I´m going to give homemade tortillas a go this weekend.

Next up - more soap!

2 comments:

  1. That looks great. I never knead these days and get good results. Do you batch bake and freeze or fresh bake and eat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fresh bake and eat. I´m always wondering at what stage you freeze.

    ReplyDelete