Friday, January 28, 2011

Clary Sage, Oatmeal and Honey Soap



Mostly cleared out the stash for Christmas presents, so I made up a batch with Olive, Coconut, palm and castor oils. At trace I poured one layer and then added the honey and oatmeal as a gentle exfoliant to the last half and poured on top, thinking that in the final bar you would have a choice between normal or textured. Unfortunately, I can´t seem to get the pretty peaks and valleys other people do at the top of the bar, and it remains to be seen if the layers are really as distinct as I would like. Clary sage is an interesting scent - it has a ¨tea¨ quality to it to my nose.


Used a milk brik again - I don´t think they have the right dimensions, I´ll have to keep looking. It sort of half-gelled at the ends, so I´ll have to do some reading about to gel or not to gel completely.



Next I´m going to try a lard/coffee kitchen bar. They say coffee grounds are not only a gentle scrub but deoderizing as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment