Sunday, January 28, 2018
Goals for 2018
New year, new goals (some old).
1. Find and refurbish the well out back because...
2. I´m going to try selling some flowers and herbs at the Sunday market. On a very reduced scale, barely 1/8 of an acre at first, and if there´s any potential, grow from there. Gallegos are famous for only spending money on what they can eat, hence the herbs, but these days, who wouldn´t want a little joy in a vase on the kitchen table? And, even if I don´t sell so much as a single stem, all the infrastructure and soil building can be re-directed to veg, and as a bonus we´ll have the prettiest garden in the county. Original Crazy Idea post from way back in 2012 here.
3. Refurbish the barn. I´ll still need a studio and some space for processing the flowers, stow tools, stack firewood, etc.
4. Finish the laundry room/pantry with a sink and a countertop and some shelving. As I gear up for more food preservation, I need room to store more stuff.
5. Get Breo some training. He´s now healthy and strong and acting up on walks again. Also, we´re thinking about getting a second dog to give him someone to play with and tire him out a little. But he´s not a great example of an obedient pet, which is entirely our fault, so some classes and guidance are going to be necessary first before he´s in charge of training a new companion.