October was consistently rainy. Not much got done. We went up and found a huge hole in the west facade for the main door and a couple of windows. Not only that, but someone has purchased the abandoned property just to the east, and they´d started by cutting down all the vegetation separating their small yard from the ruin. Yikes, neighbors.
And they disposed of the plant material in the traditional way - piled it up and burnt it.
So the house looked like Beirut.
In short, we were depressed.
But then we went up this week with a load of solid oak flooring we found online. And the hole was fixed and the perimeter walls mostly done. So now it´s looking more like a house, and less like a ruin.
And now we´re hopeful again. Just need to get the interior wall elevations done and a roof on before winter settles in.