Monday, March 12, 2012

Knitting


Yes, your eyes do not deceive you - those are cables!!


Went to California to see my Mom and she AGAIN showed me how to knit. I am hopeful that this time it actually stuck. We knitted, purled, played with cables and spacing, cast on, cast off. She sent me home with needles and this sampler piece, to remind me that it could be done. In short, she did everything a Mom could. Now it´s up to me to practice and figure out how to fix my own mistakes (she is fab at that).

And I bought a book. . .

Who knows what might be next! Maybe pillow cases.


Source


Or a chunky throw.


Source

3 comments:

  1. That looks great, I used to knit Aran sweaters years ago using oiled wool, always so satisfying, unfortunately I don't knit any more, it give me neck ache, the joys of getting older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh Aran sweaters! I think I´ll start small - maybe a beret or something. I swear knitting is like 3 dimensional math. My brain just doesn´t absorb it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beret's are not so easy, a sweater although big I think is easier as long as it's not a raglan sleave

    ReplyDelete