Monday, September 19, 2011

Filthy Lucre

Given that the 2 contractor proposals we´ve gotten so far are about 3 times what we´re willing to spend, my thoughts have turned to making money while the financial-system-as-we-know-it still stands.

I met my dear friend W for drinks downtown to catch up on summer doings and the giant restaurant poster behind us said:

Conservas: Delicias del mar
You Conserve: Delights of the sea

Mejillones en Escabeche
Mussels in Pickle

Berberechos de las Rías Gallegas
Cockles of the Rías Gallegas

so maybe there´s a need for my translation services after all. (Of course a need does not make a market.) For now I´m figuring out how to put together a freelance translation business.

The best part of that is playing around with logos, web page design, business cards, etc. And whilst surfing I happened across the uttery delightful timesink:


From Interesting Letterhead Designs

Does anyone actually use stationery anymore?

No comments:

Post a Comment