Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Pear and Dulce de Leche Tart

The BIL and SIL recently declared themselves ¨Pareja de hecho¨ or a civil union after about 15 years together and 2 children. That required a celebration so we had them over for a paella to inaugurate grilling season. Where there´s a ¨wedding¨ it seemed to me there should be a ¨cake¨ so I decided to use a can of dulce de leche I had in the fridge.

I used the tart crust recipe here. It was a little dry, but that was my fault, since I left out an egg in doubling the recipe.


After baking the crust and spreading it with a layer of peach preserves to seal it, I spread the dulce de leche (I simmered a can of sweetened condensed milk for 2 hours covered) and arranged the sliced, peeled and cored pears tossed with a little ginger and cinnamon. Here, using slightly more ripe pears would have helped, but thinly sliced they were fine.



Baked again for 40 minutes at 200 C. Glazed with a bit more peach preserves for shine. Very tasty!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god.... I want some!!!!! xo Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was pretty yummy. I´m going to use the last of the dulce de leche in a soap. Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete