Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Farewell


A few weeks ago we received the terrible news that a friend had died in a car accident back in the states.

Susan is a very dear friend´s sister. We met when she moved to Chicago to make a fresh start. A former military police officer with a fondness for white wicker and lace, Susan was a genuinely good person with a ready empathy. She was dealt many challenges in life, and while she occasionally paused to catch her breath, always kept on fighting the good fight. She was an inspiration and she will be sincerely missed.

We sponsored a memorial grove with the Trees for Life organization dedicated to re-foresting the Caledonian forest in the Scottish Highlands. The image is from their website.

If you´d like to participate more trees can be added. The memorial grove is under Susan M. Kihlgren.

http://www.treesforlife.org.uk/index.html

I don´t know if Susan was a Loreena McKennit fan, but I do know that J is.



O Bonny Portmore I am sorry to see
Such a woeful destruction of your ornament tree
For it stood on your shore for many's the long day
Till the long boats from Antrim came to float it away.

O Bonny Portmore you shine where you stand
And the more I think on you the more I think long
If I had you now as I had once before
All the Lords in Old England would not purchase Portmore.


All the Birds in the forest they bitterly weep
Saying "where shall we shelter or where shall we sleep?"
For the Oak and the Ash they all cutten down
And the walls of Bonny Portmore are all down to the ground.


O Bonny Portmore you shine where you stand
And the more I think on you the more I think long
If I had you now as I had once before
All the Lords in Old England would not purchase Portmore.



Let´s see what we can to do restore the environment, instead of hurtling headlong toward its destruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment